Friday, November 13, 2009


Racing to Save Lives



I'm training to participate in the Rock-n-Roll Mardi Gras Marathon as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.



You go into this maybe knowing a person or two who was affected by these diseases and then it becomes a six degrees kind of thing where it seems everyone you ask has been or knows someone who has been affected. In my case, I started this in honor of my Aunt Joanie. The first friend I told I was going to do this promptly told me that our mutual friend Russell Luzio (Blueswithrussell to most people) had just been diagnosed. The second friend I told about this told me her brother, Doug Haydt, was killed by this. Then it was the friend who lost both parents to different blood cancers. It seems that absolutely no one is untouched by these diseases. So for all these folks and more, I am committed to do this. Honestly I am completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!




Please make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance LLS's mission.




Be sure to check back frequently to see my progress. Thanks for your

support!



DeeAnne






DeeAnne Sathe

No comments: